Hard Rock International and Palace Resorts opened the Hard Rock chain’s first all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, a 121-acre property that debuted in November 2010 and includes 1,800 rooms and a massive, 4,800-square-foot casino, the largest in the Dominican. The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino also has 12 swimming pools, 13 restaurants, seven watering holes and a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course. If you’ve the money, indulge by booking the Rock Star Suite, with some 7,700-square-feet of luxury space.
All-Inclusive Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Rooms
The room categories at this hotel are:
• Classic Caribbean family suite: Some 1,562-square-feet of space, with a king bed in one room and two doubles in the other, each suite comes with an Xbox 360, flat-screen LCD TVs in each room and a minibar.
• Classic Islander junior suite: These suites are even larger and include a lounge area for more room, double Jacuzzi baths and balconies with tropical views.
• Classic concierge level: These are upgraded suites with the best locations and views in the resort, and include extras like top-shelf liquors in the minibar and iPod dock compatible with your sound system.
• Classic signature presidential suite: These sprawling spaces are nearly 2,500-square-feet huge with two bedrooms, a living room, dining room and expansive terrace with great views.
• Classic royal villa: These immense spaces are 7,774-square-feet and include four bedrooms and a myriad of top-flight amenities including full kitchen, incredible views and Rock Spa bath toiletries.
• Rock star suite: Also 7,774-square-feet large, these include a full kitchen, four bedrooms, sprawling private terrace with private pool, a full wet bar stocked with top-shelf liquor, double Jacuzzi tubs, huge bathrooms and other high-end amenities.
All-Inclusive Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Restaurants
• Caffeto: Coffee, snacks, breakfast, lunch,cocktails.
• Ciao:Italian fare with garden views.
• Ipanema: Brazilian fare, meat served on a sword.
• Isla: Caribbean cuisine, breakfast and lunch served buffet style,a la carte dinner.
• Los Gallos: Serving Mexican fare, dinner only.
• Pizzeto: Artisanal brick-oven style pizza and Mediterranean dishes.
• The Market: Buffet, serving all meals of the day.
• Toro: Prime cuts of meats with ocean views.
• Zen: Teppanyaki specializing in Chinese and Japanese dishes.
• Lima Deli: Light snacks, sandwiches, breads and bagels.
• Rain: Serving light snacks, sandwiches.
• Sante: Coffee, tea and pastry.
• Ice Cone: Hand-made ice cream.
In addition, in-room dining is offered 24 hours a day.
The bars at this resort are:
• Moon Lounge: This lounge features DJs, views, music and top-shelf liquors.
• Sun Bar: Centrally located in the lobby area, this casual bar overlooks the main terrace and features pool tables in a pub setting.
• Eclipse Terrace: A good place for sunset imbibing.
• Zen Lounge: This watering hole is decorated in the Eastern style.
• Center Bar: Located in the heart of the casino.
• Sports Book: A great gathering spot to watch sports on the many TV screens.
• Oro: A nightclub featuring contemporary design and chic decorations, with flashing light and booming sound system.
All-Inclusive Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Activities .
The resort features all manner of non-motorized water sports, tennis, 12 swimming pools, four swim-up bars, and three kids’ pools with flume waterslides and activities for those under 16. For extra charge, golfing is available at the Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course as well as spa treatments at the Rock Spa, a huge, 60,000-square-foot space of 35 spa suites, 11 indoor and outdoor couples spa suites and a pair of golden VIP suites.
The resort also opened the largest casino in the Dominican, a 45,000-square-foot space that has more than 450 slot machines and more than 40 different table games including a poker room.
There is also a huge arcade here, for children and adults, and just outside of that a five-meter climbing wall where trained instructors are on hand to assist climbers.
All-Inclusive Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Information
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
Blvd. Turístico del Este, km 28 #74, Macao
Municipio de Higüey,
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Rates from $412