The Bottom Line
- helpful friendly staff
- well appointed rooms
- located midway between Cable Beach resorts and Paradise Island
- short walk to Straw Market, cruise ship ports and historical downtown Nassau
- well equipped for business travelers and mid-sized meeting groups
- few balcony rooms and so-so ocean views
- no wi-fi in rooms and pricey Internet access
- average beach by Caribbean standards
- Address: Number One Bay Street, P.O. Box N-7148, Nassau, N.P. The Bahamas
- Phone: 242 322-3301
- Rates:: $129-$629
- Dining: 2 restaurants and 2 bars
- History: Site of filming of two James Bond movies; ask for the "00" suite
- Other amenities: 24-hour fitness center, a business center, 15,000 square feet of meeting space
- Rooms: 288 rooms: 218 standard rooms, 47 executive floor rooms and 23 suites
Guide Review - The British Colonial Hilton, Nassau, Bahamas
In-house dining options include Portofinos Italian and Caribbean cuisine for dinner, Blackbeards Cove bar/lounge for lunch and light snacks, and the poolside Patio Grille & Bar for salads, burgers and sandwiches. The second floor of the hotel is where you will find the Blue Note Lounge for jazz, R & B and dancing.
The main level Palm Court Lounge, located next to the hotels elevators is popular during the early evening hours and where you can access wi-fi. Internet access in your room costs $20 daily.
Our group spent some time in the top-floor Prime Ministers Suite, where we enjoyed private bar service, sports on the large flat panel TV, noshed on some late night snacks, and took in the evening view of nearby Paradise Island and Nassau Harbor from the private balcony.
The British Colonial Hilton is located on the Nassau waterfront, but it's a bit of a stretch to call this an oceanfront resort; it's more of a downtown hotel that happens to have a beach. However, the hotel does offer complimentary snorkelling, floats and kayaking, and you can swim year-round at the heated pool.